- 2 whole pita rounds, cut in half
- 4 Smithfield® bacon slices, chopped in large pieces
- 4 avocados, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
- Pinch salt
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined; set aside until ready to scramble.
- Cook bacon in a medium size sauté pan over medium heat until well done and crispy. Remove from pan and let bacon drain on a paper towel. When cool enough to handle, cut or crumble into small pieces.
- Wipe almost all excess grease from the pan, leaving just enough to cook the eggs, and return to stove top. Over medium heat, scramble the eggs 2-3 minutes until just set. Add the grated cheese and a pinch of salt. Cook the eggs a minute longer so the cheese melts and the eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the pitas lightly in a commercial toaster just until warmed through. Divide the eggs into the 4 halved pitas along with a healthy handful of spinach. Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces and serve warm.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!