Breakfast is a good idea any time of day, so try it in guacamole! Loaded with shredded potatoes, Canadian bacon, cheese, cilantro and topped with an egg, this guacamole can be served with whole grain toast, chips or sweet potato wedges! This guac is sure to satisfy your taste buds every meal of the day!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 3 c. Water
- 6 ea. Slices of Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/2 c. Potatoes, shredded
- 1/4 c. Tomato, diced
- 1/4 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ea. Large egg
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1-1/2 t. Avocado oil
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- To taste, Salt
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, cook potatoes in one teaspoon of avocado oil until golden brown. Remove from skillet and let cool.
- In the skillet, warm the Canadian bacon in remaining avocado oil.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce to a simmer, swirl around the water and carefully crack the egg into the pot.
- Let simmer for approximately 3-5 minutes, then carefully remove the egg with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice.
- Add Canadian bacon, potatoes, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and cilantro to avocado mixture and salt to taste.
- Finally, top guacamole with the poached egg. Slice the egg down the middle to show the gooey yolk.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!