- 6 oz. coconut rum or coconut tequila
- 6 ea. egg yolks
- 5 c. non-dairy coconut milk
- 2 ea. whole cloves
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1 ea. stick ceylon cinnamon or canela
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. ground cloves, for garnish
- Pinch nutmeg
- Combine coconut milk, whole cloves, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and baking soda in a medium sauce pan and set on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for fifteen minutes. Strain mixture into a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until mixture is thickened, about one minute. Slowly pour egg mixture into warmed coconut milk and blend with a whisk or fork.
- Return mixture to a clean saucepan and set over low heat, occasionally stirring with a spatula for twelve to fifteen minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Let mixture col slightly and pout into a blender along with mashed avocado and coconut rum and puree until completely smooth.
- Enjoy warm or chilled over ice, and top with a sprinkle of ground cloves.