This non-traditional “sushi” contains no fish or rice! Using tomato and spinach-flavored tortillas filled with refried beans, pico de gallo, avocados and cream cheese, this delicious wrap is cut into small pieces, resembling sushi. This is a great choice for your child’s lunchbox or an after-school snack.
- 3 ea. large flour tortillas or wraps preferably 1 each plain, tomato and spinach flavor
- 3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 T. chipotle in adobo, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 c. low-fat refried black beans
- 6 T. pico de gallo
- 1-1/2 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 3/4 c. lightly packed cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Wrap tortillas in foil, and heat in oven until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and chipotle.
- Spread each warm tortilla with 2 tablespoons chipotle cream cheese. Top with 1/3 of black beans, then 1/3of salsa. Scatter 1/3 of the avocado and cilantro over salsa.
- Roll up filled tortillas tightly. Wrap each tortilla roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate wrapped tortilla rolls overnight. To serve, unwrap and trim ends, then cut each roll across into 6 pieces. Arrange Mexican Sushi on serving platter and serve.