This recipe combines the good fats from both avocados and tuna to make a flavor-ful stacked salad topped with mixture of juicy tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro. This simple combination of ingredients is satisfying in so many ways. Serve as an appetizer, salad or main entree.
- 2 ea. ripe Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 c. (about 8-10) NatureSweet® Cherub® tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (5 oz.) tuna (albacore or yellowtail) in water, drained
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1/4 c. red onion, small dice
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Drain water from the can of tuna. In a bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, 1 TB cilantro and 1 TB lime juice. Season to taste.
- Place diced avocado in a bowl and add a TB of lime juice, leaving some chunks.
- Prepare tomato mixture: In a separate bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, lime juice and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- On two separate plates (1 serving each) make a layer with the diced avocado, using a hamburger mold to keep the round shape of the stack. Then layer half of the tuna mixture on top of the avocado. Top with a fresh layer of the tomato mixture (pico de gallo).
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!