A toast to the folks who have kept things fresh all year. This recipe calls for a large dose of Mother Nature’s favorite hue: fresh avocado meets dark, leafy kale meets bright and cheery pistachios. Spread over seven-grain toast and top with roasted pumpkin seeds.
- 2 ea. 7-Grain bread, slices
- 3 c. Kale, chopped
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- 1 t. Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/4 c. Pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 1/4 c. Pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 t. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Foil a medium baking sheet.
- For the kale: In a medium bowl, add kale, avocado oil and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well combined. Evenly distribute kale mixture onto baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- In a toaster, toast bread to desired crispness.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add roasted kale, pumpkin seeds and pistachios to guacamole. Stir until well-combined.
- Evenly distribute guacamole onto slices of toast and serve.