- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño peppers, seeded, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 c. cream cheese, at room temperature (4 oz.)
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 ea. 2" slices of French ficelle bread, cut on diagonal, centers pulled out
- 16 ea. 1/2" red bell pepper strips
- 8 ea. thin fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 8 ea. baby carrots, peeled, with tops on
- 1 ea. medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 8 3" pieces
- In bowl of a food processor, blend avocado, jalapeño, cream cheese, cilantro, and lime juice until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer avocado dip to a small bowl and place it in the center of a serving platter.
- Place bread pieces on platter. One at a time, slide 2 pepper strips, 1 asparagus spear, 1 carrot, and 1 zucchini strip through each bread ring, arranging the filled rings around the dip. Serve.