- 2 ea. slices whole grain bread
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 c. colby cheese, shredded
- 2 T. tahini
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- Salt to taste
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- In a bowl, mix the tahini with garlic, lemon juice and salt. Adjust the salt to taste. If your tahini sauce is too thick to spread, loosen it with a teaspoon of hot water. Set aside.
- Season the mashed avocado with salt to taste in a small bowl. Spread the avocado on both slices of bread, on the side without butter.
- Next, top both slices of bread with avocado with the tahini sauce. Then sprinkle the cheese on one slice. Place the second slice of bread on top of the other, avocado side down.
- Toast the sandwich on one side in a skillet with a lid over medium heat, approximately 3-4 minutes. Then, flip the sandwich and cook until the other side is toasted and cheese is melted. Remove from heat, cut the sandwich in half, and serve while hot.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!