Spectacular Avocado Salad Recipes for Spring and Beyond
Salads can be so much more than a bowl of leafy greens! They’re irresistible when you put flavor, texture, and color in every bite!
Take a look at these incredible recipes I shared at a recent Twitter party on behalf of Avocados from Mexico (#AvoChat #AvocadoSalad). The ideas and recipes I tweeted will take your salads way beyond boring. There are side salads, main dish salads, salads rich with the array of crunchy vegetables and sweet fruits of Mexico, including, of course, the amazing avocado!
Avocado adds a nutritious kind of fat and a creamy goodness that helps salads hold together and gives dressing a decadence you’ll love!
Eating better is easy with the right recipes in hand. You may have missed the Twitter party, so here’s a recap! And don’t forget to check out the Salad Hub on the Avocados From Mexico site for more ideas.
Avocado blends easily with sweet crab, shrimp and surimi. Here are a couple of my favorite seafood salads.
Don’t forget that avocado is a fruit and combines beautifully with other fruits.
- Morelia Style Gazpacho Fruit Salad with Avocado. In Mexico, we love to eat fresh fruit topped with lime and ground chile! And this Gazpacho salad with fruit hints at that delicious concept!
- Red Leaf Salad with Candied Pineapple, Spiced Pepitas and Avocado Dressing. I adore the sweetness of the candied pineapple and the crunch of the spiced pepitas, or pumpkin seeds, in this one!
- Watercress, Mango and Avocado Salad. Creamy avocado bridges the flavors between the slightly bitter watercress and sweet mango. And three cheers for watercress! It’s a wonderful, sometimes overlooked green that I find delightful.
Salad dressings can work in many ways!
- Lime-Honey Vinaigrette. The dressing for my Tri-Color Salad also works well with chicken and more!
- Pico de Guac. This topper mixes tart tomatillos and green apples with a little heat—mellowed by creamy avo! Perfect for adding a little something to chicken dishes or greens.
- Avo Dressing. This is positively decadent! It’s part of the recipe for my Boston Lettuce Salad, but I use it on sandwiches, wraps, and more.
- Pumpkin Seed Dressing. I use this one in Chayote Salad with Avocado but for drizzling on other things, as well.
- Parmesan Vinaigrette. You’ll find this pairs perfectly with the Artichoke Hearts and Mushroom Salad, but it’s delicious over chicken and potatoes, too!
- Ancho Chile Vinaigrette. I refer to this as candy because it has a sweet-and-spicy flavor that’s addicting!
- Everyday Green Salad This is a go-to salad in my house, and the dressing just gets better and better when you store it in the fridge. The sliced red onions pickle in the vinaigrette, adding tang and crunch whenever you use it
Finally, not all salads are eaten in a bowl. The same ingredients on a skewer or in a warm tortilla offer nutrition on the go.
Before you make any of these recipes with avocados, learn how to choose a ripe one. You also need to know how to ripen them in a hurry: sunlight can help, or put them inside a bag with rice.
It’s easy to plan for eating more nutritious food with the Salad Hub from Avocados From Mexico!
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.