Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 1/2 c. shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. olive oil, divided
- 1 t. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 t. kosher salt, divided
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ea. 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 c. arugula, drained and sliced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a small baking sheet, spread the diced butternut squash and the shallots in a single layer.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil, all the rosemary and red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Toss well and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through and squash is caramelized around edges. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, red wine vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Incorporate cannellini beans and arugula. Toss well. Mix in the avocado and butternut squash mix. Scrape into a serving bowl or platter, sprinkle with goat cheese and serve.