A tasty appetizer awaits you with crab, avocado and chipotle chile! Combined with sour cherries, fresh tarragon and cashews atop toasted bread of choice, this app will have your guests sticking around for more!
- 12 ea. mini sourdough crostini breads, toasted
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab, cleaned of shell and cartilage
- 1/2 c. raw unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 3 T. + 1 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 T. sour cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 t. white wine vinegar
- 2 t. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3/4 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. dijon mustard
- 1/8 t. ground chipotle chile
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush crostini breads with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and toast in oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, Dijon, chili powder and salt and mix well with a fork or whisk until fully combined or emulsified.
- Incorporate the crabmeat, sour cherries, tarragon and cashews and mix well.
- Fold diced avocado into the mixture.
- Evenly distribute, crab mixture between 12 crostini and serve.