Toasted chilies de árbol mixed with cheese, capers and olive oil create a great base to the salad. Combine with artichoke, avocado and mushrooms to make a one of a kind salad that you can feel good about eating and love the taste!
- 2 ea. chiles de árbol, or 1/2 t. red pepper flakes
- 2/3 c. finely grated parmesan cheese, or queso anejo
- 5 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. clove garlic, minced
- 6 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 t. finely chopped capers
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 T. chopped fresh chives or Italian parsley, for garnish
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Once hot, toast the chiles de árbol, for just a minute or so per side, without letting them burn. Remove from heat and finely chop.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated cheese, olive oil, garlic, mustard, lime juice, capers, chiles de árbol or red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork or whisk, until fully combined.
- In a serving bowl, add the thinly sliced mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Pour in half the vinaigrette and toss well.Incorporate the avocado chunks, add the rest of the vinaigrette, and gently toss until completely covered. Sprinkle with the chives and serve garnished with chives or parsley.