March 3, 2020
Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche
There are a lot of options to consider while searching for the right ceviche recipe, but with Avocados From Mexico you can’t go wrong. Made with citrus fruit juice, avocado, shrimp, and fresh, crunchy vegetables, this ceviche is the perfect appetizer for a family party or afternoon snack.
Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche Ingredients:
- 1 lb. raw small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice from one lemon
- ¾ c. fresh lime juice
- ¼ c. fresh orange juice
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- ½ c. chopped red onion
- Corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ½ c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 t. olive oil
How to Make Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the shrimp for 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove shrimp from the water and place to the side in a large bowl. Dice up the cooked shrimp to desired size or leave whole.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon, lime, and orange juices along with salt and 2 t. of olive oil. Pour mixture over shrimp, stir together, and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Dice tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeño, and red onion. Add to the shrimp and juice marinade and marinate for another 20 minutes.
- Brush corn tortillas with 1 t. olive oil, and place under broiler until crisp. For tostadas, leave the tortillas whole, or slice into strips before broiling for chips.
- Add diced avocado and chopped cilantro to the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately on tostadas or with tortilla strips.
Related: Can’t get enough ceviche in your life? Follow this recipe to make ceviche guacamole, perfect for dipping on any occasion.
Whether you’re cooking for yourself or preparing this shrimp and avocado ceviche for a crowd, this impressive recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat. If you’re itching to make this shrimp and avocado ceviche recipe but your avocados aren’t quite ripe, here’s how to speed up the ripening process.
Visit our recipe page for more avocado recipes.