- 2 medium Avocados From Mexico Perfectly Ripe
- 1/2 tsp charcoal salt
- 3 Tbsp ground raw pistachios (i.e. powder)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice + extra for plating
- 1 Tbsp beet fresh juice
- 1 Bag of organic round yellow corn chips
- Edible flower for garnish (recommend using a yellow calendula flower)
- Prep ingredients: grind up charcoal salt, grind pistachios, juice lemons & beets. Cut avocados, saving one half for the avocado rose.
- Mash the remaining avocados in a medium bowl. Combine lemon, salt (make sure it’s ground up) & pistachio powder into the avocado mash, and combine thoroughly. Add beet juice and stir until guacamole has achieved a purple/red color throughout.
- Peel & thinly slice the remaining avocado half in preparation of creating a partial rose.
- On small/medium plate, place a medium sized (about 1 1/2-2 inch) round mold on the plate and fill with the purple guacamole. Slowly press the sliced avocado into a partial rose and place around the mold.
- Lift the mold and press the avocado rose around the guacamole to ensure it stays self- contained.
- Take the excess lemon juice, and brush down the corn chips on one side, then place them on the plate in a circle surrounding the rose & guacamole (with the lemon side facing up).
- Add the edible flower on the guacamole as a finishing garnish.
- Bring the plate out to guests/judges.
- Once the plate has been set in front, use a chef’s torch to torch the chips until they have blackened slightly on the top. This will also create the “haze” that brings the dish together.