Shrimp Tacos are seasoned with garlic, chile, lemon, butter and tequila. By cooking the tequila, nearly all of the alcohol is burned off during the cooking process but leaving the shrimp with a unique, robust flavor.
- For Shrimp Tacos
- 1-1/2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 8 ea. minced cloves garlic
- 1 ea. medium dried ancho chile, rehydrated, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 c. tequila of your choice
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 4 T. salted butter, cubed
- 12 ea. corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Avocado Salsa
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ea. lemon, zested
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red onion
- 2 T. finely chopped cilantro
- Marinate shrimp in olive oil for approximately 15 minutes before cooking. Season with salt. In a large skillet sauté the shrimp over high heat for 1 minute. Then add the chile and garlic and sauté for another minute. Add lemon juice and tequila and let it cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes more over low heat. Then add the cubes of butter, add salt and pepper to taste and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- In a bowl, make the salsa. Combine avocados, lemon juice, lemon zest, cilantro, onion, jalapeño chili and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare tacos. Divide shrimp mixture among corn tortillas, top with avocado salsa, and serve.