- 1 ea. small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. small jalapeño, seeded & thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. shredded carrots
- 3 T. white wine vinegar
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. finely crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 ea. package of frozen breaded or fried fish tenders, about 8 pieces
- 8 ea. large leaves Bibb lettuce
- 1/4 c. roughly chopped fresh radish
- Prepare the escabeche pickled veggies:in a medium storage container, combine the onion, jalapeño, carrots, white wine vinegar, lime juice, and salt. Mix to combine. Secure the lid and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. When ready to assemble tacos, remove from fridge.
- Prepare the tangy guacamole sauce: drain all the liquid from the escabeche vegetables into a separate medium bowl, then set vegetables aside. There should be roughly 1/4 cup. Add the diced avocados. Mash and stir vigorously with a fork until a smooth, moderately thick sauce forms. Add cilantro and cotija cheese and mix until combined.
- Prepare the fish tenders according to package instructions. When finished, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Assemble the tacos: in each piece of lettuce, scoop a generous 2 T. of guac sauce. Divide fish tenders among lettuce cups, top with spicy escabeche veggies, and a sprinkle of fresh radish.