- 3 ea. eggs
- 1 ea. banana, mashed
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced for topping
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 3 T. butter
- 1/2 t. salt
- In a bowl, mix the banana and 1/2 the avocado until smooth. Then, add the eggs and salt and mix until smooth. If needed, use blender or hand mixer.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Once hot, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto one side of the skillet, and 1/4 cup on the other side. Let it cook until the bottom is set and brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancake over; keep in mind it is not as sturdy as a pancake with flour. Cook for 1-2 more minutes until the other side is brown. Lower the heat if it is browning too quickly. Set on a plate once brown.
- Repeat using more butter and batter until all pancakes are made, making approximately 6 small pancakes.
- Once all pancakes are cooked, put 3 small pancakes on 2 plates. Top with diced avocado and evenly drizzle with maple syrup.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!