Add brown sugar-sweetened bacon bits to your next batch of avocados to create a game-changing spread! Sweet and savory, your taste buds will water with every bite whether spread on a burger or a crostini!
- 4 ea. slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread sugar mixture on both sides of bacon.
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook bacon for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp. Remove bacon pieces onto a dish lined with paper towel to drain oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado until chunky-smooth.
- Fold in lemon juice, mayonnaise, and bacon pieces until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Suggested Sandwich Pairings: Hamburgers, Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Hot Dogs