Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1 ea. unpeeled garlic clove
- 1 ea. chile de árbol
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 t. sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 t. brown sugar
- On an already heated comal or skillet set over medium heat, toast or char the garlic clove, flipping every few minutes until completely toasted, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the toasted skin of the garlic clove as well as the stem from the chile de árbol. Coarsely chop both.
- Place the avocado, garlic, chile de árbol, salt, and brown sugar in the food processor. Puree until smooth. Place in a container and serve or cover the top with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.