- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 fillets of roast beef skirt steak, cooked to your preference - shredded
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese, you can also use feta cheese/goat cheese/farmer cheese
- A few extra basil leaves, chopped
- For the vinaigrette or balsamic basil dressing, place ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. The dressing can be made ahead of time, keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- In a salad bowl place lettuce, diced avocado, spinach, onion, shredded beef, cheese and basil, add diced avocado, red onion slices, and chopped basil.
- Drizzle balsamic dressing over salad, toss well and serve immediately.