- 8 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 6 ea. jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 4 ea. tomatillos, husked, washed, and quartered
- 4 ea. onions, chopped
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 ea. lime, juiced
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 T. olive oil
- 1 T. salt
- In saucepan over medium heat, cook tomatillos, onions and jalapeños in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes more.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In blender, pulse tomatillo mixture with avocados and cilantro until smooth.
- Add lime juice and salt; stir and refrigerate until cold. Thin with water to desired consistency. Once cold, ladle into 8 bowls and serve.