Taste a little bit of Havana! Try adding pan-fried plantains, black beans and Latin spices to your next batch of guacamole! This guac will have your tastebuds ready to salsa the night away! Serve with tortilla chips or as a part of fajitas!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. Plantain, sliced
- 1/2 c. Black beans (canned), drained and rinsed
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- 1-1/2 t. Cuban seasoning
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- To taste, Salt
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil and add plantain slices. Cook until golden, approximately 1-2 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice.
- Add plantain slices, black beans, Cuban seasoning and stir until well combined and salt to taste.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!