- 2 ea. slices whole grain bread
- 2 ea. eggs
- 1/4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 T. butter, room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven's broiler to high.
- Use 2 Tablespoons and butter the top side of each piece of bread.
- Using a cookie cutter or a knife, cut a hole in the center of each slice of bread, big enough to fit two avocado slices and an egg in the center. Be careful not to cut the crust, this will help keep the egg in the toast when it is flipped.
- Crack both eggs into a bowl to ensure the yolk stays intact. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet (ideally an oven-safe one) over medium heat. Place the bread to the skillet (butter side up) and place 2 avocado slices around the outer rim of the circle. Pour each egg into the center of each bread slice, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom of the bread is brown. Carefully flip to the other side and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the bread is browned and the yolk is done to just under your preference.
- Distribute cheese over each piece of toast. Place the skillet in the oven to broil for a minute or two, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. If skillet is not oven-proof, carefully transfer onto a foil-lined, oil sprayed sheet pan for broiling. Once cheese is melted, plate and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!