- 8 ea. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, steamed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 c. fat-free chicken broth
- 1-3/4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, chopped
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ea. small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c. fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 t. lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. hot sauce
- To prepare the relish, combine shrimp, cilantro, lemon rind, red onion and olive oil in a small bowl, tossing gently. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, water, avocados, jalapeño, navy beans, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a blender. Puree until smooth, scraping sides.
- Ladle 1–1/4 cups of the soup into each of the 4 bowls; top each serving with 1/4 cup shrimp relish and queso fresco and serve.