- 2 ea. large eggs
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. + 1 T. buttermilk
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1-1/2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. fresh lime zest
- 1-1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- Non-stick oil spray to taste
- Lime Glaze:
- 1/2 c. powdered confectioner's sugar
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar and avocado in a bowl with a hand mixer or mix in a stand-up mixer. Mix until fluffy.
- Add the the buttermilk, lime juice, zest and vanilla to avocado mixture and mix until combined.
- Next, mix in the eggs until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into bowl with wet mixture, then gently stir with a spoon until just combined.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick oil, then fill up 8 of the muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, and the tops are lightly browned. Let cool to room temperature.
- While muffins bake, make the glaze. Mix the powdered sugar, lime juice and zest together until combined. Once muffins are cool, drizzle lime glaze on top of all 8 muffins and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!