This satisfying snack or meal is quick and easy to prepare. Slice a ripe avocado in half and stuff with tuna salad made with canned tuna, olive oil, lemon juice and cilantro. This is a great choice for summer picnics, beach outings or meals on the go for all seasons.
- 1 ea. 6-oz. can water-packed solid white albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 ea. celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 T. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved and pitted
- 1/2 c. baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes
- 2 ea. lemon wedges, for garnish
- Cracked black pepper, for garnish (optional) to taste
- In mixing bowl, combine tuna, celery, onion, and walnuts with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Cut thin slice off the bottom of Avocado halves and place each half on a salad plate.
- Spoon tuna salad into Avocado halves, mounding it on each half. Garnish with arugula and grape tomatoes and top with a lemon wedge. Sprinkle on cracked pepper if desired.