When you’re craving avocados, this recipe’s got you. It’s made with fresh Avocados From Mexico, so you know it’s gonna be goooood. Oh, and don’t forget to bookmark this recipe, because once you try it, you’ll be back for more.
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 3/4 c. shredded carrot
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 t. taco seasoning
- 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1 ea. 12-oz. jar salsa (about 1-1/2 c.)
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- 12 ea. taco shells
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 2 c. Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes; remove 1/2 cup of the onion; set aside.
- Add carrot to onion in skillet; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook and stir until browned, breaking up large chunks as you stir, about 10 minutes; spoon off any fat from pan.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add salsa.
- Cook and stir until hot and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- For guacamole: In small bowl, mash together avocado, cilantro, lime juice, reserved remaining onion, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Divide lettuce equally among taco shells; top each with about 1/4 cup beef mixture.
- Divide 1–1/2 cups of the cheese into shells.
- Top each with guacamole; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.