Take your fish sandwich up a notch by mixing the flaky tilapia with cilantro, celery, onions, jalapeños and avocado. Spread each side of bread with a creamy, chipotle spread and you have a sandwich to die for! A go-to for lunch or dinner with a fresh salad! Incorporating fresh Hass avocados in your family's everyday recipes helps to increase your fruit and vegetable intake. They're delicious, heart-healthy, and a source of naturally good fats.
- 3/4 lb. tilapia fillets
- 3 T. lime juice, divided
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 c. onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. celery, finely chopped
- 1 T. jalapeño, minced
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 ea. chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 T. adobo sauce
- 4 ea. 6-inch baguette, split lengthwise
- 1 c. cabbage, shredded
- Arrange fish fillets in one layer on a dish. Pour 1 tablespoon of lime juice over fish; season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge fish in flour; place fish in skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Transfer onto paper towel to drain oil and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, place fish fillets and break apart flakes with a fork. Add remaining lime juice, cilantro, onions, celery, and jalapeños; season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in avocado.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, chipotle, and adobo sauce until well combined.
- To assemble, spread mayonnaise mixture on both halves of each baguette. On the bottom half, place cabbage and top with fish mixture. Cover with baguette top.