Dive into this green bowl! Made with all fresh ingredients, you can't go wrong. The sweetness of pineapple combined with the creaminess of avocado are a win! Beyond being delicious, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is sodium and cholesterol free, and contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. shallot, minced
- 1/8 t. cilantro seed
- 1/8 t. ground cumin
- 6 oz. butter lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 ea. medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 c. fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 c. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves, whole
- In a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, cilantro, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, cilantro seed, and cumin until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, pineapples, avocado, and whole cilantro leaves; toss gently with dressing.
- Recommendation: Add chicken or any meat protein to this salad.