Esquites or “Mexican Corn Salad” is traditionally made with mayonnaise, cottage cheese and cayenne pepper. This version uses avocado and sour cream as the base to mix together your corn. This summer salad is the perfect addition for your next barbecue. For a tasty twist, try cooking the corn on the grill.
- 4 c. fresh corn, cooked & cut off the cob
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1/4 c. cottage cheese
- In a large bowl, combine corn, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and chili powder; mix well.
- Gently fold in avocado and top with cottage cheese.