The convenience of using recycled mason jars is a fun and delicious way to enjoy salad on-the-go! This creamy avocado chicken salad is a big hit with the low-carb crowd and is a perfect meal or snack solution. Fresh ingredients, including cilantro, lime, cherry tomatoes and red onion add crunch and a burst of flavor to this salad innovation -- It’s a reason to fiesta!
- 2 ea. ripe Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 4 ea. glass mason jars, washed and dried
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken, cooked
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 1 T. fresh cilantro
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 t. olive oil
- 2 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 c. cherry tomatos, chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, avocado, onion and cilantro, 2 TB lime juice and olive oil. Gently combine until blended well. Set aside (or refrigerate).
- Line up mason jars to create your to-go salads.
- Place avocado chicken salad mixture, carrots, chopped tomatoes and lettuce in jar and squeeze 1 TB of lime juice on top.
- Pack tortilla chips in a separate bag to crush on top before eating.