- 8 ea. multigrain bread slices
- 4 ea. romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, 1 sliced and 1 diced
- 2 ea. small apples, finely chopped
- 1 ea. large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. red onion, diced
- 1/4 c. celery, diced
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced avocado with the chicken, celery, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and stir until well combined.
- Evenly spread the chicken mixture over 4 bread slices, then top with avocado slices, a leaf of lettuce, tomato slices and remaining bread. Plate sandwiches, cut in half and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!