Chickpeas, avocado, tomato and onion make for a scrumptious salad! Flavored with remesco sauce, it is the perfect stand-alone salad or can be dipped with a tortilla chip or crostini! Want some extra protein? Try adding a piece of pan-seared fish to top it off!
- 6 c. water
- 2 c. chickpeas, drained
- 3 ea. sprigs of fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 ea. large Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 1 ea. large tomato
- 1/2 ea. white onion
- 6 t. Romesco sauce
- 2 t. ginger oil
- 2 t. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In medium-to large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the chickpeas and salt to taste and cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes, then drain and let cool.
- Finely mince cilantro leaves on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl, add chopped cilantro, ginger oil, extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- Peel avocado and cut it into cubes, then cut the onion and tomatoes into thin strips. Place into a separate bowl, add the Romesco sauce and stir until combined.
- Once chickpeas are cool, add them to the avocado mix and gently stir. Then, drizzle cilantro and oil mix over salad and toss until well combined. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes and serve.