With a hint of sweet and savory, this avo-mazing quesadilla will melt in your mouth! Layered with mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, smoked gouda and Avocados From Mexico, this is a veggie dream and taste bud pleaser!
- 4 ea. Large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 c. Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. Smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 ea. Sweet potato
- 1 c. Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1/2 ea. Onion, diced
- 2 T. Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF degrees.
- Stab the sweet potato several times with a fork, and place it on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm avocado oil and add mushrooms, onion and Brussels sprouts. Sauté for approximately 10-15 minutes while stirring constantly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, scoop out the inside of the sweet potato. Mash until smooth and salt to taste.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add cooking spray and a tortilla.
- Evenly spread one half of the tortilla with sweet potato. Evenly distribute the Brussels sprouts mixture, smoked gouda cheese and avocado.