These gluten-free and vegan lettuce cups are nutritious and satisfying. Filled with rice, black beans, salsa, corn and avocados, each lettuce cup is under 300 calories. They’re a fast and easy meal to provide that the whole family can enjoy. Modify and add toppings based on your preferences. Everyone can eat with their hands too!
- 1 ea. 15-ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 c. tomato salsa
- 1 c. rice, cooked
- 1/2 c. corn, cooked
- 3/4 c. tomatoes, small dice
- 3/4 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- 12 ea. Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, diced
- In a medium pot, combine beans and tomato salsa. Heat through, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice.
- On each lettuce leaf, place a scoop of the rice mixture, then add a scoop of the black beans, and top with avocados.