- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Avocados from Mexico halved pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 c. rotisserie chicken breast meat shredded
- 3/4 c. salsa verde green tomatillo salsa
- 8 pre-made hard shell tostadas Juice of one lime
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2 medium red tomatoes diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet over medium high heat combine the sliced onions and extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté the onions until they become soft and translucent.
- While the onions are cooking, prepare your mashed avocados by combining in a small mixing bowl with the lime juice and salt.
- Set aside.
- Once the onions are soft, reduce the heat to low and add the shredded chicken and salsa verde.
- Stir to combine, and continue cooking until the chicken and salsa have warmed.
- Make your tostadas by spreading 1/4 cup of your mashed avocado mixture on each tostada, then top with 1/2 cup of the chicken-onion-salsa mixture.
- Finish each tostada by topping with a 1/4 cup of diced avocado, a spoonful of diced tomato, a few green onion slices and a few cilantro leaves.
- This recipe uses pre-cooked rotisserie chicken breast meat to reduce the prep time to less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!