Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 2 ea. chiles de árbol, or 1/2 t. red pepper flakes
- 2/3 c. finely grated parmesan cheese, or queso anejo
- 5 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. clove garlic, minced
- 6 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 t. finely chopped capers
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 T. chopped fresh chives or Italian parsley, for garnish
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Once hot, toast the chiles de árbol, for just a minute or so per side, without letting them burn. Remove from heat and finely chop.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated cheese, olive oil, garlic, mustard, lime juice, capers, chiles de árbol or red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork or whisk, until fully combined.
- In a serving bowl, add the thinly sliced mushrooms and artichoke hearts. Pour in half the vinaigrette and toss well.Incorporate the avocado chunks, add the rest of the vinaigrette, and gently toss until completely covered. Sprinkle with the chives and serve garnished with chives or parsley.
Layered with a combination of flavors, our artichoke salad is perfect for any occasion. From a casual backyard barbeque to a more formal dinner, it’s full of flavor with parmesan cheese, minced garlic, capers, lime, and red pepper flakes. This artichoke salad is the perfect side for your favorite chicken or seafood dish.
What does artichoke taste like?
Like most vegetables, artichokes have a clean, fresh taste. The artichoke doesn’t have an overpowering flavor profile, which is why it pairs so well with other fresh herbs and spices and can sometimes be described as having a nutty undertone.
What pairs well with artichoke salad?
Artichokes typically pair best with chicken, fish or seafood such as shellfish. Artichoke salads are no different! Some of our favorite pairings for this artichoke salad include grilled salmon or grilled chicken.