Shrimp and scallop ceviche is made by marinating ingredients in lime juice for a few hours before serving. Onions, cilantro, jalapeño and tomatoes are combined with seafood ingredients to add flavor, texture and added nutrition.
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, & halved
- 1/2 lb. scallops, quartered
- 1-1/2 c. lime juice
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled & diced
- 1 ea. medium tomato, small dice
- 1/2 c. red onion, small dice
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & finely diced (optional)
- 2 T. cilantro leaves, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, scallops, and lime juice; toss to combine, Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours or until shrimp and scallops are white in color.
- Drain the liquid from the shrimp and scallops.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and marinated seafood; toss gently with dressing.