- 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, & halved
- 1/2 lb. scallops, quartered
- 1-1/2 c. lime juice
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled & diced
- 1 ea. medium tomato, small dice
- 1/2 c. red onion, small dice
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & finely diced (optional)
- 2 T. cilantro leaves, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, scallops, and lime juice; toss to combine, Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours or until shrimp and scallops are white in color.
- Drain the liquid from the shrimp and scallops.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and marinated seafood; toss gently with dressing.
Ceviche is a dish that is rumored to have originated in Peru, and the main ingredient is typically raw fish or other seafood. Usually, people top with citrus juices, like lemon or lime, and chili peppers or other seasonings, including but not limited to diced onions, and salt.
The main ingredients in this delicious ceviche recipe are large shrimp, scallions, and Avocados From Mexico.
If you’re using frozen shrimp in your ceviche, ensure you thaw your shrimp completely by taking them out of their bag and placing them in a bowl. Stick the bowl of shrimp in your kitchen sink and run cold water over the shrimp. Make sure to dry them off on paper towel afterward. Read on about food safety and thawing food properly.
What goes with ceviche?
Veggies and fruit pair well with any Ceviche recipe. Avocado, lime juice, orange juice, and tomato are all common pairings. If you’re looking for a sweet dessert to pair with your ceviche, try this delicious avocado ice cream.
How long is ceviche good for in the fridge?
Because most ceviche recipes are marinated with lime juice, ceviche can be kept in the fridge for to 2-3 days. However, we recommend eating ceviche before 24 hours has passed so you can ensure no flavor is lost.
Is the shrimp in ceviche cooked?
It depends. Ceviche can be made with either raw or cooked shrimp.
What is Mexican ceviche made of?
Mexican ceviche typically uses Avocados From Mexico, citrus juices, tomatoes, and other fruits and vegetables that are native to Mexico.