- 4 ea. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 3 ea. large tomatoes
- 1/2 c. cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 ea. pickled chipotle chile
- 3 T. onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the sauce, remove the skin from the tomatoes, cut in half crosswise and remove seeds. Blend the tomatoes with the deveined chipotle chiles. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Next, carefully stir in the avocado, onion, oil, oregano and salt to the tomato and chile mixture. Finally, add grated cheese.
- Prepare chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on the grill at medium heat and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature of 165°F.
- To serve, put 1 chicken breast on 4 individual plates and evenly distribute chipotle sauce amongst the 4 chicken breasts.