- 1/2 Avocado From Mexico
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, cut into 40 thin slices
- In a hot skillet, add the olive oil and onions. Cook until caramelized.
- For the sauce, add garlic, parsley, avocado, mustard, capers and basil in a food processor. Process until it forms a paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. On a grill, cook the meat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness. Cut into small pieces.
- To assemble the sandwiches, put a little caramelized onion and the meat on 20 of the slices of bread. Spread the other 20 slices with the green sauce and place on top. Serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!