- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 c. tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped white onion
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 2-1/4 T. lime juice
- 1 ea. 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 t. chipotle chile powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 c. fresh prepared pico de gallo salsa
- 48 ea. round tortilla chips
- 12 oz. grilled chicken breast strips, diced
- 48 ea. cilantro sprigs
- Place avocado, jalapeño, tomatillos, onion, and cilantro in a food processor. Add lime juice and whirl together until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine beans, vegetable oil, chile powder, and salt to taste and mash until smooth.
- Combine diced chicken and pico de gallo in small bowl. Season chicken mixture to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange tostada shells on plates. Top with beans, guacamole, and chicken mixture. Place 1 sprig of cilantro on top of each tostado bite. Spoon salsa over and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!