- 2 ea. hard-boiled eggs, whites and yolks separated after boiled
- 1 ea. large radish, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, sliced into two 2 oz. portions
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. quinoa, cooked
- 2 T. fresh dill
- 1/2 t. mayonnaise
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Special Tools:
- 3.5" stainless steel food ring
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Place 4 T. of cooked quinoa inside the food ring, spreading it out with a fork so it makes an even layer.
- Crack and peel the eggs. Separate the yolk from the white. Slice the whites into very thin rings, placing half the rings in a single layer on top of the quinoa.
- Mix the yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place a layer of dill (1 tablespoon) on top of the egg whites, followed by a layer of smoked salmon (2 oz.).
- Place a layer of thinly sliced radish on top of the smoked salmon, making sure that the reddish-pink radish skin is facing the inside of the ring.
- Place a generous tablespoon of the egg yolk mix in the center atop the radish, then top it with thin slices of avocado.
- Remove the ring gently and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Plate the 6-layer breakfast bites. Can add a sprig of dill on the egg yolk mix as a garnish.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!