Avocado is the next big pizza topping! Kids will love making this pizza with ready-made crust, pizza sauce, turkey and cheese. Chipotle sauce baked into the sauce adds a smoky flavor without all of the heat. This is an easy recipe that is great for after-school snacks or football tailgating.
- 4 oz. roasted turkey, shredded
- 1 ea. whole wheat ready-made pizza crust, 12-inch
- 1 ea. medium Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1 ea. small red onion, diced
- 1 c. barbecue sauce (store bought)
- 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread olive oil on top of ready-made pizza crust and use salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake pizza crust for 5-10 minutes until slightly toasted.
- While crust is cooking in the oven, slice avocados and toss with lemon juice.
- Once pizza crust is slightly golden, remove from oven. Spread barbecue sauce on crust evenly. Layer mozzarella cheese, turkey, red onion and turkey.
- Place pizza back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is toasted. Remove from the oven.
- Using a pizza slicer, divide pizza into slices. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and serve.