- 1 ea. 10-ounce package of Pederson's Apple Smoked Bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 ea. poblano chiles
- 1 ea. jalapeño
- 1 ea. onion, small dice
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 ea. lemon, juiced
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 c. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to a dish lined with paper towel to drain. Reserve the rendered fat in the skillet.
- In the same skillet, over medium high heat, add the poblanos and jalapeño. Blister the skin on all sides. Remove to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Still using the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low and add the onions and caramelize.
- Once chiles have cooled, remove the skin and seeds. Finely dice the poblanos and mince the jalapeño. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the avocados with the lemon juice, cilantro, cheese, bacon, poblanos, jalapeños, caramelized onions, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!