This guacamole has all the favorites of a classic Philly Cheesesteak! Sauteed onion, ribeye, mayo and cheese mix with avocado to create a scrumptious dish! Serve with a hoagie roll for a twist on a tradition. Great for parties and weekend family dinners!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. Hoagie roll, sliced in half
- 1 c. Roast beef, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 ea. Yellow onion
- 1/2 c. Provolone cheese, diced
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- 1 ea. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- On a sheet pan covered in foil, open the hoagie roll inside facing up, and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Once cooked, remove the roll from heat and let cool for approximately 5 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- In a medium cast iron skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil, add onion and garlic. Cook onion mixture until caramelized, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice.
- Add roast beef, half the caramelized onion mixture and half the provolone cheese to the avocado mixture and gently stir until well combined and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining caramelized onion mixture with remaining provolone cheese and place in the oven until the cheese is melted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the melted cheese and caramelized mixture to the top of the guacamole.
- Cut the hoagie roll into strips and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!