Take you arugula, avocado and orange salad to another level with Dijon avocado vinaigrette! Made with olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, mustard, sugar, chives and avocado, this vinaigrette is a delicious flare to your salad! You will be wanting salad for days! Beyond being delicious, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is sodium and cholesterol free, and contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1-1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/8 t. sugar
- 1/4 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & 1/2"-diced
- 1 T. chives, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 c. baby arugula
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1 ea. large naval orange
- 2 T. cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, mustard, and sugar until well combined. Mix in avocados and chives. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Peel and remove pith from orange. Cut orange crosswise into 12 thin slices.
- Arrange a bed of arugula on a serving dish. Place avocado and orange slices on top of arugula. Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with cilantro if desired.