Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1/2 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 c. mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & diced
- 1 ea. 15.5-ounce can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 ea. baby cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Kalamata olive, pitted & finely chopped
- 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the onions, garlic, jalapeños, mint, and basil to make a paste.
- Add in lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Continue to mash until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas, cucumbers, sundried tomatoes, olives and avocado. Add the herb and lemon mixture and toss well.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the avocados, chickpeas, cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and herb mixture until well combined. Top with feta cheese.