French Onion Guacamole is a twist on your favorite soup! Mixed with caramelized onions, topped with melted gruyere cheese and crunchy croutons for dipping, this guacamole is a mouth-watering favorite! Its flavor, savory elements and show-stopping presentation are a win for any party or family gathering!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 ea. Loaf of French bread, cubed
- 1 ea. Yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 c. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 T. Avocado oil
- 1 ea. Clove of garlic
- 1/2 T. Onion soup mix
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- To taste, salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss French bread cubes, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and salt to taste.
- On a sheet pan covered in foil, evenly distribute French bread cubes. Cook for approximately 18 minutes, or until crispy. Once cooked, remove the croutons from heat and let cool for approximately 5 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- In a medium cast iron skillet on medium heat, warm remaining tablespoon of avocado oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook onion mixture until caramelized, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice.
- Add half the caramelized onion mixture, half the gruyere cheese and onion soup mix to avocado mixture and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining caramelized onion mixture with remaining gruyere cheese, and place in the oven until the cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
- Carefully transfer the melted cheese and caramelized mixture to the top of the guacamole.
- Place croutons around the edge of guacamole bowl.