Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 2 ea. ancho chiles, stemmed, seeded, & diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 ea. plum, small dice
- 1 ea. lime, zested
- 1/2 c. walnuts, toasted & roughly chopped
- 3 T. red onions, finely chopped
- 2 T. chives, finely chopped
- 1 T. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 T. mint, finely chopped
- 1 t. salt
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the ancho chiles and heat for 3 seconds. Remove onto a paper towel and let oil drain.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the mint, chives, red onions, jalapeños, lime zest and salt into a paste.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in ancho chiles, mint mixture, plums and walnuts. Top with sesame seeds.