- 3 T. olive oil
- 1-1/2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 3/4 t. Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 2 T. pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place Brussel sprouts in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sriracha, mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussel sprouts, avocado, and pumpkin seeds; toss gently with dressing.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!